CFQD® Quantum Dots Film
The Nanoco Deep-Red CFQD® Quantum Dot Film is the first quantum dot film released specifically for plant growth applications. The film, when combined with blue and/or near-UV LEDs, provides the optimal spectra to encourage maximum chlorophyll absorption and promote healthy growing, while minimizing energy consumption and casting less heat than HPS bulbs and traditional LED units making it easy to control growing environments. Quantum dots also allow for additional, precise spectral tuning of the film depending on the specific plant being grown and can be tailored based on customer and application requirements.
- Deep-Red emission to stimulate optimal chlorophyll absorption (both chlorophyll A & B)
- Uniform emission from quantum dot film allows for even distribution and full plant absorption. No glare or hot spots.
- Customizable size and shape available
- Allows for the use of same fixture and blue/near-UV LEDs to be combined with different quantum dot films depending on plant to be grown
- Reduced power consumption compared to HPS and traditional LED units
- Ability to vary blue/red ratio per film
- Reduced heat
- Designed to work in conjunction with LED’s from 405nm – 455nm as required.
Figure 1: Spectra exhibited when illuminated by a 450nm (typical) LED.
*1 Test product description: All information in this document is based on a 300mm Profile using a Blue 450nm LED light source in combination with a 650nm CFQD® Quantum Dot film. The device has been measured in ambient conditions of 25 Degrees Celsius. The total unit is run at 175mA with a total power of 4.5W. The film for this study measured 300mm long by 18mm wide.
|Emission max (+/- 5nm)||650nm|
|Output*1||225 PAR at 6 inches|
|Film Thickness*1||480µm typical|
|Operating temperature range||-20C to +50C|
|Storage temperature range||-20C to +40C|